Pages

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Monday, April 05, 2010

It's time again for that weekly update on all the things well read-or not, as the case may be.  Last week I was reading Anatomy of Deception by Lawrence Goldstone.  I usually like historical mysteries, but this one just didn't do it for me.  The main character was too priggish, and it took forever to get to any real action.  I gave up after about 125 pages.

I did manage to finish This is How by MJ Hyland.  My rather ambivalent review is here.  Right now I'm reading Wolf Hall, by Hilary Mantel.  It's the story of Henry VIII England as told through the life of Thomas Cromwell.  Really dense with history but also really good so far.  

I'm doing the Read-A-Thon at The Neverending Shelf this week, since I'm on spring break, so I am hoping to get a ton of reading done.  I'm not going to bother with the titles, though, because everytime I post what I think I'm going to read next something comes up and I read something else entirely.  So you'll just have to wait and be surprised.  I hope everyone has a great reading week!

6 comments:

  1. I too am participating in the read-a-thon. I really, really, really want to read Wolf Hall. Enjoy! My MOnday, if you get a chance: http://www.rundpinne.com/2010/04/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-5-april.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been dyring to read Wolf Hall. It's been sitting on my shelf for quite a while, but I've had too many other committments.

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the Readathon. I'm just going to be an observer since I feel like I do Readathon's every day and my family would never let me live it down :)

    I've heard lots about Wolf Hall, but now I can't remember whether it was good or bad! lol

    Enjoy your week. Lynne's Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the books. I too have Wolf Hall - waiting on me.... sigh.

    Is your readathon the Dewey one or is it a different one? I am in on the April 10th one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wolf Hall is a great book. Hands down, one of the best of 2009. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sheila, I'm doing the one with Kate at Neverending Shelf. It's a week long how-many-hours-can-you-rack-up sort of event. Have to say, I'm starting out kind of slow. Only got two-ish hours in today. But my house is now clean from top to bottom, so tomorrow I can just sit!

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts...

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS