Pages

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Monday, May 24, 2010

Hosted by One Person's Journey Through Books, this weekly meme gives us bloggers a chance to review our reading week and plan for the next one!

Last week I finished Confessions of the Other Mother: Non-Biological Lesbian Moms Speak Out, which is exactly what it sounds like it is-a collection of essays from lesbian moms who did not actually give birth to their children.  Review to come soon!  I also finished The Diamond of Darkhold, which I already reviewed here.
Rounding out the list for last week was Town in a Blueberry Jam, by B.B. Haywood.

This week I'm reading Little Bee by Chris Cleve.  So far I am loving the narrator of Little Bee, an African refugee from Nigeria who comes to England to find the family she met during one horrifying day "when the men came" to her village.  I love the first line:  "Most days I wish I was a British pound coin instead of an African girl."  I got back to class two nights a week instead of one this week, so until school gets out I'm back to one book at a time.  Hope everyone has a great reading week!

6 comments:

  1. We read Little Bee for book club a couple months ago. The group had mixed feelings but I thought it was a good read. Have a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little Bee looks really interesting! It's nice to meet another teacher in the blogosphere! Thanks for stopping by! Happy Reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Bee and Confessions of the Other Mother both look fascinating.

    http://laughingstars.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Bee does sound interesting. Hope it continues to deliver. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Other Mother book looks actually, really really interesting, I'd love to read their take on things. I'll have to check back for a review.

    Have a fantastic reading week and if you get a chance, stop by: Monday Reading's at There's A Book

    ReplyDelete
  6. They don't look like my regular reads, but I hope you enjoy them! Have a great week! Stop by and check out what I got at The Wormhole

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts...

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS