Pages

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Monday, May 31, 2010

This Monday post finds me sitting at the computer much later than usual, still nursing my coffee.  Ahhh, sweet three day weekends!  Pretty soon every day will feel like a three day weekend-only 6 more days of school left.  Well, two more days of "school" and then a picnic and three half days.  Surely we will all survive!

This week I finished Little Bee, by Chris Cleave, as well as When She Flew, by Jennie Shortridge.  That brings me up to a whopping 30 books on the year (for a full list click here), putting me very far behind in my quest to complete the 100+ Book Challenge.  Come on, summer!  I've got some serious making up to do.



Right now I am reading Dead as a Doornail, by Charlaine Harris.  Number five in the Sookie Stackhouse series, I'm only about 50 pages into it but I am enjoying it just as much as the others.  That may have something to do with the fact that I just finished watching the HBO series On Demand-I figured I better keep myself immersed in Bon Temps if I don't want the show to outpace me!  I got #5 and #6 together through Bookswap, so I may just read Definitely Dead next.




Hope everyone has a great week!

10 comments:

  1. We have 3 1/2 days with kids and 1 1/2 teacher days left. Then a nice long break (85 days I think). Since I will be doing inventory, my students will have "free choice in the lab" supervised by the reading interventionist if they aren't on field trips.

    I really like the Sookie Stackhouse books. I don't get HBO but I do have the first two seasons of TrueBlood on DVD. I have only managed to watch the first couple of episodes though. I'd rather read.

    Have a good last few days of school and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, I feel like there is this wonderful second wave of Little Bee readers (myself included). I haven't finished it yet, though.

    Enjoy the Sookie series. I'm all caught up except for her newest one. I just haven't gotten to it yet.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to read the Sookie Stackhouse series! :)

    My What are you reading? is here.

    Happy Monday. :)

    xx,
    E.J
    From the Shadows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Little Bee looks like a good read. Thanks for sharing these! Right now I'm finishing up a new fantasy book called, "Bloodline Alliance," which is a wonderful and rich story that is keeping my attention all the way to the end. I think this book is great for all ages and the characters are unforgettable. I highly recommend this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure you will take full advantage of reading during the summer. You will get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read any of the Sookie books - sigh.... I may need to set aside a couple weeks this summer to read them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sheila, it will probably take you all of a week-they are quick, fun reads. Usually I need a break from a series when I'm reading it, or I start to get restless. But with this series I can read them all straight through. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to read Little Bee, it's one of those I just keep seeing pop up here and there although never seen it in a shop yet...

    Ohhh that's because it is known as The Other Hand in the UK no wonder why.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh by the way, I absolutely love the lay out of this blog, very snazzy! Coffee, a pen and books... gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I only have one Sookie book in my TBR pile.

    Little Bee looks fascinating.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts...

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS