Pages

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Monday, July 19, 2010

 Thanks to Sheila at One Person's Journey Through Books for hosting this weekly meme, letting book bloggers share what they've been reading.  I tell you, my reading has become so much more diverse since doing this whole book blogging thing!  Thanks to my fellow book bloggers for the inspiration and book ideas! (And no, you're not seeing double-if you read this post at Second Childhood Reviews, that's because it's same blogger, different blog, and I'm cheating this week!)

Another week gone, another week closer to going back to school.  Ah, well, at least I had a good reading week!



Children's/YA Books Completed This Week:




Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan
(Review coming soon on Second Childhood Reviews!)

Adult Fiction Completed This Week:




Wild Seed, by Octavia Butler
(Review coming soon)

Books I'm Hoping to Get to This Week:

Stargirl, by Jerry Spinelli (YA)
10 Things I Hate About Me, by Randa Abdel-Fattah (YA)
Mind of my Mind, by Octavia E. Butler

...and whatever else I decide to pick up off the shelf.  After a month of reading for class, I want to keep my options open!

Have a great week, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. You had a good week! I like the variety of books you read. I try to read a variety too. I think it helps keep things fresh. Here is my Monday report. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a great reading week. I like how you read such a variety of genres - probably never gets dull that way! Thanks also for stopping by my blog earlier. Good luck rereading The Hungers Games series. Can't wait for Mockingjay either! :) Happy Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am currently reading The Lightning Thief with my son and enjoying it.

    I will be coming back to read your review of Wild Seed as I'm curious.

    Have a great reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Escape from Saigon sounds amazing. I travelled thruogh Vietman 6 years ago and I was amazed at just how apparent the effects of the war still were. You could really sense that the people were still damaged but were doing their best to get on. Wonderful country

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts...

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS