Pages

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Monday, July 05, 2010

It has been all young adult, all the time in my house this week!  I am deep in the midst of reading books for a webquest assignment, a diversity in young adult literature presentation, a literature share, and book reviews. The books I've reviews on my new blog, Second Childhood Reviews, are listed below.  Come on over and check it out!  Here's how my week went:














The God Box, by Alex Sanchez (review coming soon!)



Right now I am starting a novel about a high school boy who falls for the new girl, only to find out she was born a bay, called Almost Perfect.  I also have some more Alex Sanchez books and some more Francesca Lia Block books to get to.  I'll be reading Kate DiCamillo's The Magician's Elephant, as well as The View of Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg, and Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan.  I may even get to an adult novel this week, of time permits.  I hope that everyone has a great reading week!

9 comments:

  1. Kudos to you! That is a lot of YA books--I probably would have been burnt out on this genre by now....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks like you have a lot on your plate right now. I hope that all the books you are reading you are also enjoying :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to see Speak and The Graveyard book on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some really great titles. I really enjoyed your reviews of Luna and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speak and Luna have fantastic covers - both are new to me. I will be watching for your thoughts on them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julie-I'm in the midst of a four week course on children's and young adult literature, so not having much time to read adult stuff. Though most of the young adult books I've read have been just as engaging for me as a lot of "adult" books. Interesting amount of overlap.

    Sheila-I've reviewed Speak and Luna on my children's/young adult book blog if you want to check them out...

    www.secondchildhodreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Graveyard Book sounds like a good read :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good things about Speak...enjoy your books!

    Here's my Monday:

    http://laurel-rain-snow.blogspot.com/2010/07/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-july-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower is one of my absolute favorites. I hear they're making it into a movie, but that makes me a bit nervous.

    ReplyDelete

Penny for your thoughts...

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS